Student with organisational talent
Are you passionate about mathematics and its applications? Do you feel strongly about promoting the strengths of mathematics? Then we are looking for you!
Who we are
At Math4NL we are convinced that mathematics can help solve all kinds of challenges of a technical, societal, and economic nature. But we also experienced that it is not always easy to connect mathematicians and companies or other organisations to try and solve these challenges.
As Math4NL we therefore want to build and strengthen sustainable collaborations between mathematicians and society. We aim to facilitate the collaboration between mathematicians and organizations in various ways, ranging from national events, college tours and workshops for matchmaking, to maintaining our website and scheduling meetings with several stakeholders. Are you the person that will help us organise this?
What are we looking for
As a new Math4NL team member you:
- have a drive to promote the application to mathematics to all kinds of technical, societal, and economic social challenges.
- are an organisational talent that can support us in coordinating the activities we do for building and strengthening collaborations between mathematicians and society.
- have a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or in a related field.
- would like to gain experience in organisational work next to studying for your master’s degree, perusing a PhD or next to your current job.
- will help to grow a starting organisation with a dedication to promote the use and strength of mathematics for society.
- have a pro-active and supportive attitude.
- are comfortable with speaking and writing in English.
- have your own workplace.
How to apply
As an application, we would like to receive a letter of motivation and your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 May.
Do you first want to ask some questions? Contact us at email@example.com, we are happy to tell you more!